M&M Glass Company has been serving Louisiana for more than three decades and is proud to offer the very best in quality shower doors, mirrors, cabinet glass, and other glass products.
M&M Glass Company has an immediate opening for a Shop Helper.
M&M Glass Helpers are training craftsmen that assist in the installation of our showers (framed & Heavy Glass), tub enclosures, mirrors (plain & framed), tabletops, and cabinet glass. M&M Glass Helpers represent M&M Glass and conduct themselves in the utmost professional manner with all contacts. M&M Glass employees are expected to always learn about the latest products and product functionality to be on the cutting edge of product knowledge and be made to properly install our customer’s products we sell.
M&M Glass Helpers assist the installer when checking their daily route, ensure their truck is properly loaded with all needed materials, leave M&M Glass property in a timely manner, install in the most productive way, and upon return to the shop, review the appropriate paperwork with the Customer Service Manager.
M&M Helpers develop positive working relationships with all M&M Glass Employees, Contractors, Customers, and Vendors. They report to the Production Manager, General Manager, and Owner of M&M Glass LLC.
M&M Glass Helpers may be required to work in the shop and tasks beyond those listed will be asked of you, so a positive, can-do attitude is required. M&M Glass Helpers perform many tasks to ensure the shop remains clean.
Shop Helper’s responsibilities include assisting the shop with various assigned duties including but not limited to the following:
- Must be able to accurately read a tape measure, use a laser level and use the appropriate math for calculating (adding and subtracting fractions) in a timely manner.
- Lift, carry, and handle glass up to 70 lbs in a safe manner.
- Wear safety equipment at all appropriate times when handling glass products.
- Follow M&M Glass safety procedures rules & regulations.
- Maintain assigned tools for the job provided by M&M Glass.
- Abide by the approved uniform policy of M&M Glass Company.
- Maintains secrecy with regards to all M&M Glass Business, Sales, and Marketing strategies and practices.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 25 + years of age
- Assist in the installation of tabletops, cabinet glass in cabinets, plain mirrors, framed mirrors, framed showers, and Heavy Glass showers.
- Cut glass: operate glass cutter, break glass, and sand glass.
- Clean up customer homes/worksite upon completion of the job.
- Maintain assigned truck maintenance checklist, keep track of the condition of truck provided by M&M Glass.
- Load assigned truck with all materials necessary for the completion of each job.
- Cleans truck out daily upon return. Wash truck once per week.
- Manages work time in a fashion that ensures that all company needs and goals are met.
- Maintains appropriate reports for vehicles.
- Portrays a willingness to learn and can follow the instructions of supervisors.
The scheduled report time is 7:30 am. There may be exceptions to these start and end times based on early installs with lengthy travel times.
Time off (including vacation) must be requested at least two weeks in advance.
Time off is granted based on availability.
Consideration can be given by talking in advance to the General Manager and Production Manager, receiving prior approval for additional time off.
Helpers are NOT docked for time spent on lunch.
The spirit of these above policies is to ensure a balance between home and work life.
The average workweek should be around 40 hours.