Inspire relaxation at the end of a long day with frameless shower doors. These doors are less visually cluttering and allow sunlight to pour through your bathroom. They show off gorgeous tilework and reflect light from windows to mirrors. In larger bathrooms, they open up lines of sight.
Simply put, frameless shower enclosures are popular for a reason. They make today's modern bathrooms appear larger, more elegant, and light-filled. At M&M Glass, we've been experts in crafting and installing shower doors since 1984. For over 35 years, the Baton Rouge, New Orleans, North Shore, and Lafayette communities have trusted us to revitalize their bathrooms into gorgeous works of art.
We'd love to help you do the same. Here's what you can expect.
Your Frameless Shower Door Project Starts Here
Whether you're renovating or planning new construction, a shower is the centerpiece of any modern bathroom. At M&M Glass, our team specializes in heavy glass frameless shower doors because we know they add unrivaled style and beauty to a bathroom.
Many homeowners love frameless showers for a number of reasons. Most importantly, these showers:
- Open up your bathroom, providing a seamless look with less hardware
- Add a modern look that translates into a higher resale value
- Showcase intricate tile or marble, as well as shower accessories like rain showerheads or benches
- Are easier to clean than framed options, with fewer nooks and crannies to manage
- Provide better ease-of-access, especially for those with accessibility issues
When it comes to frameless shower doors, you truly can design a shower to fit your home. We'd love to help you through this process. Our team can guide your major decisions and provide free 24-hour estimates for your ideas. We also invite you to our showroom at 13429 S. Choctaw Dr. in Baton Rouge. There, you'll be able to see and use many of our shower door products.
Keep reading for an overview of our process or head directly to our inspiration gallery to find your dream bathroom
Designed for your space
Your first step when adding a frameless shower is to consider the size and shape of your bathroom.
For example, in smaller bathrooms, a large door may get in the way, but a corner or specialty designs can maximize your showering space. A long, skinny bathroom may benefit from doors that seamlessly slide past each other. Or, for larger bathrooms, you may have room for double showerheads, a steam shower, drying areas, or benches.
Frameless, heavy glass creates your shower space and the doors provide access. Once you've decided where your shower will go, it's time to consider these doors. Our shower doors come in the following varieties:
- Pivot: Most similar to a normal door, pivot shower doors swing outward. Choose from doors that can only open outwards or those that open both in and out.
- Bypass, or sliding: These doors slide past each other, rather than out. Choose from one or two panels for your sliding shower doors.
- Inline: Like pivoting doors, inline doors operate with a hinge, however, you can set these in line with other glass panels.
Note that you'll generally need 30" or more of space outside your shower to add hinged (pivot or inline) doors.
Partnering with the best
At M&M Glass, we design and create custom glass showers for our clients, but we also partner with some of the leading shower manufacturers. Since we've been installing shower doors for so long, we know quality.
We're proud to offer the following options for your project:
- Custom: Have a hard-to-fit space or need a large expanse of glass? Our local team manages your project from initial shower design to installation. Find our full gallery of previous custom projects here.
- Coastal Shower Doors: For ultramodern designs and luxury materials, look to Coastal Shower Doors. They're easy to install, yet add a show-stopping finish to any bathroom project. See more of their shower doors here.
- Fleurco: Fleurco is one of the leading providers of gorgeous shower doors. Their doors are precisely made and add timeless elegance to any shower. Upgrade your space with their line of modern textured bases in wood, slate, and stone finishes. Find your inspiration here.
Better safety and privacy
Once you've decided on your configuration, choosing the right glass is your next step.
To start, all of our shower doors are made from tempered glass for your family's safety. If this type of glass does shatter, it breaks into thousands of small pieces that are less dangerous. Our standard thickness for shower doors is 3/8-inch glass. For taller or wider showers, we recommend ½-inch glass.
Many of our showers also come with optional cleaning protection. An invisible coating is applied to the glass that repels water, reducing soap scum, limescale, and hard water damage.
We also offer low iron or ultra-clear glass options. Standard glass often has a slight green tint. By reducing the iron content, low iron and ultra-clear glass options have less of that tint, providing beautiful colorless clarity.
If you love the look of frameless showers but want to add some privacy, our team also installs a variety of minimal to highly-textured glasses or tints.
Upgrade with must-have accessories
Your shower should be a restful area for self-care. We'll help you design this space from the ground up so it meets all of your personal style and needs.
For example, you can choose from:
- Curb and bench options for greater comfort or accessibility
- Hardware, including knobs and handles, in multiple finishes to match your bathroom
- Updated base styles, including stone, slate, or wood finishes
- Modern and discrete drainage options
- Mirrored hooks and shelves for useful storage
Relax in a steam shower
Finally, if you're looking for the most sumptuous bathroom upgrade, consider adding a steam shower.
These shower panes go from floor-to-ceiling and create an airtight area for steam to accumulate. Many come with a movable transom—a separate pane of glass at the top—that you can easily open to vent or close to turn into a steam shower. Our team has dedicated experience installing steam showers, so we'll make sure your space is designed correctly and check that your ceiling and walls can withstand the moisture.
Ready to learn more? Find your inspiration in our steam shower gallery.
Create Your Dream Bathroom
We're proud of helping homeowners like you create the bathroom of your dreams. We know it's an investment to install frameless showers, and it's a responsibility we don't take lightly. Our commitment to customer care and service starts from your very first call.
Our team is happy to talk to you by phone or visit your home to hear your ideas. This consultation is always free. Within 24 hours you'll have an estimate for the total costs of your project. (Larger custom or commercial projects may take slightly longer.) We work with you to develop a suitable budget and timeframe.
Here's what you can expect from there.
We start by measuring your space exactly to ensure the perfect fit. Our team can also point out ways to maximize space.
For frameless showers, we also design in the best possible way to reduce leakage. This starts at those first exact measurements, but it goes further. For example, showerheads that point at a door or seam increase the possibility of water leakage. We'll guide you through the design process, advising you to add a showerhead that points towards the ground (as with rain showerheads) or to a tiled wall or fixed glass pane.
We also ensure there's plenty of space (30" or more) for hinged shower doors. If you need to add accessibility features, we help you plan for these.
Depending on the scope of your project, your shower installation may take only a few hours or a few days. During the initial consultation, we can give you a better idea of how long your project will take.
We handle the installation from set-up to cleanup. Once our team is done, we make sure your space is ready to enjoy immediately. We'll also walk you through care and maintenance tips for your shower doors and answer any of your questions.
Complete your bathroom
In 1984, our founder Robert Mitchell began installing shower doors in the southern Louisiana community. Our team grew quickly and we now offer a variety of glass products for your bathroom redesign, including:
The M&M Glass Difference
Our team may have grown since 1984, but we are still local. We live and work in southern Louisiana and we are a family company. We put our customers first, ensuring that we're the premier provider for shower doors and glasswork in our community.